Surveyors’ Services East Grinstead

Robinson Elliott Surveyors is based close to East Grinstead and while we serve the whole of Sussex, Surrey, South London and Kent, we are particularly familiar with the properties in this area.

East Grinstead is an ancient market town, set on the edge of the beautiful countryside of the Ashdown Forest, yet with easy access to Central London and Gatwick Airport, so the best of both worlds.

It has many ancient buildings, including one of England’s longest continuous series of 14th-century timber-framed buildings which forms part of the High Street. If you’re after picturesque, East Grinstead has it. Another famous building, Sackville College, built at the very start of the 17th century, has its own claim to fame. ‘Good King Wenceslas’ was written here.

Properties in East Grinstead  

Again, a great range to suit every taste or budget. Currently, there’s a one-bedroom retirement apartment selling for around £55,000 and two 5 bedroom farmhouses with extensive land, on the market for £1.5 million. Whether it’s a modern estate house you’re looking for or a quirky cottage, you’ll find something to suit in East Grinstead or its surrounding villages.

Currently, the average price for a property in East Grinstead is £331, 937 (www.proviser.com/)

Is the risk worth it?

…that’s to say, the risk of not getting a professional survey done before you purchase a property. Did you know that only 20% of people choose to have a survey? The other 80% may get away with it, but they might end up with a costly mistake and lots of stress when they discover, too late, that the house is riddled with woodworm, or the roof leaks, or the wiring is dangerous…

Here at Robinson Elliott Surveyors, we can give you peace of mind. The cost of a survey depends on the size and location of the property, and the type of survey required – but just phone us for a quote. There’s one thing you can be sure of – our charges will only be a tiny percentage of the money you’ll be spending when purchasing a new home.

Thinking of buying a property in East Grinstead? Thinking of buying a property anywhere at all? It’s the responsible choice to have a survey done.

One of our clients was very concerned about cracks in the wall of a house she was hoping to buy near East Grinstead, thinking it indicated subsidence. Our surveyor was able to reassure her that most houses suffer from cracking – they shrink and expand naturally when temperature and humidity changes. These particular cracks could be remedied easily with routine maintenance and the structure of the house was not compromised. She was happy, then, to proceed with the purchase.

Robinson Elliott Surveyors Ltd. is regulated by RICS